Monday 15 June 2009

Background Tree Animation

Dan Dali had mentioned to us in a tutorial that we should think about applying background animation to our film to make sure that the environments didn't look static. At the beginning of the film, there are trees seen in the background that I had painted in previously. When watching the blockout of the trees with no animation, it was obvious that Dan was right. Jake had previously looked into a way to animate the trees automatically within the scene. However, this plan would no longer work, as after importing the trees into the scene, one of us must have deleted the history of the objects and this was no longer possible. To solve this problem, I applied curves to the trees and animated them this way.

Attempt 1:




Too rigid.




Alot smoother.



In the environment, final tree animation.

I realised that there would more than likely be more secondary animation needed throughout the film. Just animating those trees moving simply made me realise how out of practise I had become with my animating skills. I attempted to create a walkcyle for practise, in case I had to animate anything else within the film.



Hahaha booooo!!! Attempt 1- a limp, leaning to one side, un-moving head... not very impressive.




Final attempt.

No comments: